- Horse Stable Designs
- Arabian Horse Rescue
- Toy Horse Stables
- Quarter Horse Rescue
- Horse Racing Betting Sites
- Horse Drawn Farm Equipment
- Best Flea And Tick For Dogs
- Best Dog Food For Pitbulls
- Best Dog Food For Small Breeds
- Best Dog Food For Yorkies
Home / All types of bulldogs pictures
All types of bulldogs pictures
by Baldwin Hall at Monday, February 06th 2017 19:00:29 PM in Dogs
The bulldog breed originated in Great Britain as a bull baiter. When the sport of bull baiting was outlawed, a gentler version of bulldog was bred instead. Once called the "Olde English bulldog," then "English bulldog," the dog is officially called the bulldog by the American Kennel Club.
The English bulldog
When is a bully a good thing? When it's a bulldog, to be sure. The bulldog, regardless of the type, is a happy-go-lucky dog with a mug that doesn't match his personality. French and English bulldogs have brachycephalic heads that is, they have short heads and snub noses. Once called the "English bulldog" because the breed originated in England, this sweet-tempered dog was bred to be a fighter of bulls. The bulldog is a thick, medium-size dog with a low body and smooth hair. Bulldogs weigh between 49 and 55 pounds. They are members of the AKC non-sporting group.
The French bulldog
The name French bulldog is a little misleading, as this breed also originated in England as a smaller version of the bulldog. During the Industrial Revolution when many Brits fled to France to find work, they took their little "toy" bulldogs with them; the French took to them heartily and adopted the breed as their own. With an intelligent and alert expression, the French bulldog weighs between 19 and 28 pounds. Their ears are called "bat ears" for good reason -- they look like they came off the head of a fruit bat. The Frenchie is also a member of the AKC non-sporting group.
There are two AKC-recognized breeds that are not actually bulldogs but look like them. They are the dogue de Bordeaux (think of the dog in Turner and Hooch) and the bullmastiff. The dogue de Bordeaux is a handsome dog weighing in at 99 to 145 pounds. Also called the French mastiff, the dogue de Bordeaux (pronounced doggy-d-bor-doe) is a first-class drooler, and snores when in a deep sleep. With a calm temperament, the dogue de Bordeaux is also the quintessential watch dog. The bullmastiff is "40 percent bulldog" according to the AKC foundation breeding annals, the other 60 percent being mastiff. Ranging from 100 to 120 pounds, the bullmastiff, like all the other bulldog breeds, is friendly, calm and protective of his loved ones. Both the bullmastiff and the dogue de Bordeaux are in the AKC working group.
The American bulldog is not recognized by the AKC but is recognized by five other purebred dog organizations, most of them dedicated to the bully breeds. The American bulldog is sometimes mistaken for the pit bull terrier, but is actually a hybrid of the pit bull terrier, a non AKC breed, and the AKC-recognized American Staffordshire terrier. Neither of these dogs are actually bulldogs, but together they created the American bully. Known for being a real "people pleaser," the American bully is a large dog weighing in anywhere between 70 and 120 pounds.
Tags of All types of bulldogs picturesBaby Bulldogs PicturesFrench BulldogsBulldogs+animatedBulldogs Of BulldogsBulldogs ColorBulldogs Pictures+animatedBulldogs Pictures PuppiesBulldogs NrlBulldogs Pictures Of BulldogsPictures Bulldogs EnglishBulldogs PicturesBulldogs Pictures ColorTypes BulldogsFrench Bulldogs PicturesBaby BulldogsBulldogs EnglishGeorgia Bulldogs PicturesBulldogsBulldogs Pictures NrlAmerican Bulldogs PicturesBulldogs PuppiesAmerican BulldogsGeorgia Bulldogs
Gallery All types of bulldogs pictures images
READ NEXT :
Baby bulldogs for adoption
Photo baby bulldogs for adoption is almost all of the opinions the developer from the baby bulldogs for adoption collection, discover more things that resemble a group of photo dogs...
Healthy Dog Food Brands For Small Dogs
Image healthy dog food brands for small dogs is almost all of the opinions a developer from the healthy dog food brands for small dogs collection, discover more things that resemble a collection of pictures dogs...
Best cute puppy names
Picture best cute puppy names is almost all of the thoughts the developers from the best cute puppy names collection, discover much more things that resemble group photo dogs...